A Complete Baby Feeding GuideAugust 2, 2019
Fresh Coconut Nutrition FactsAugust 27, 2019
You could be anemic; but Beetroot does not only warn of the problem but it also helps as a solution.
- Anti-Anemic effect: Taking fresh beetroot in salads or drinking fresh juice twice a day (50- 100 ml) will give anti- anemic effect. It is particularly beneficial for people who do not respond well to iron treatment.
- Detecting anemia: Beetroot color is due to a pigment called Betacyanin. Studies have shown that individuals with iron deficiency or have difficulty with intestinal absorption of iron will pass red urine or stool after eating beetroot or drinking the juice.
- Reduce risks of gout: Beet also, has got high levels of potassium, calcium and magnesium making it a good blood alkalizer. It is therefore good for people agonizing with gout. It lowers high levels of uric acid in the blood.
- Increase digestion and nutrient absorption: Beetroot is high in fiber that helps in facilitating intestinal action. It is also very effective in lowering blood cholesterol level by reducing the amount absorbed in the intestines.
- Reduce risks of cancer: Beetroot has anti-carcinogenic effect it neutralizes the action of carcinogen. It may slow down or prevent the development of cancer.
Introducing Beetroot to your diet
Beetroot can be shredded dressed with oil based dressing. Can be served on its own or mixed with other vegetables. It is very tasty and has a great texture.
Beetroot can be boiled separately but the cooking takes long. Cooked beetroot is easy to digest and tastes better. Boil it for at least 1 hour. Peels better when dipped in cold water immediately you remove from the stove.
Beetroot Fresh Juice
The taste or flavor of fresh juice is not very pleasant to many people. But it is very good for cleansing the colon and liver. One can improve the flavor by making a mixed juice. A combination of beetroot, carrots, apple and celery will greatly improve the flavor and taste. Drink a maximum of 100 ml twice daily for a period of 3- 7 days.
You have a query?